Real-Time Visibility and Control
After completing the profiling process, our dedicated solutions engineer will send you a gCenter registration link.
To complete your registration, simply click on the link provided and you will be directed to our quick registration page. Here, you will need to provide some necessary details and complete the verification process through your email. Once all the steps are completed, you will be registered and ready to use all the features that gCenter has to offer.
gCenter Registration Page
Registration verification email
Once you have completed the registration process, it's time to install the agent on the service or cluster that you want to optimize.
To get started, simply click on the "Installations" tab located on the left side pane of your dashboard. You will be directed to the installations screen where you can choose from various installation options based on your workload type.
For instance, if you are looking to install gCenter on a Kubernetes cluster, click on "Kubernetes" and select the "Daemonset installation agent". Fill in the required details and then click on "Generate Config File" to proceed.
Kubernetes installation instructions
After generating the config file, you will need to follow the instructions provided below the config file generation button to complete the installation.
Post config file generation instructions
Please note that each installation method in gCenter has its own set of instructions to guide you through the process. In case you encounter any issues or are unsure which installation method to use, feel free to contact your dedicated solutions engineer for assistance.
To add new users to your gCenter environment, simply follow these easy steps:
- 1.Click on the gearwheel icon located in the top right corner of your screen to access the settings menu. Then click on "Users" to navigate to the Users screen.
- 2.Click on the "Invite User" button located in the top right corner of the screen.
- 3.The "Invite Users" window will appear. Here, you can enter the email address of the new user and set their role by selecting from the available options: Administrator or Viewer.
- 4.Once you have filled in the required details, click on the "Send Invite" button to send an invitation to the new user.
Invite users window
- 5.If you need to invite multiple users at once, simply click on the "+" icon next to "invite more people" and enter the details for each user you wish to invite. Once you have entered all the details, click on "Send Invite".
Add multiple users
Add multiple users
Please note that new users will receive an email invitation to join your gCenter environment. They will be required to follow the instructions provided in the email to create their account and access gCenter.
In case you encounter any issues or have any questions about adding new users to your environment, feel free to contact your dedicated support engineer for assistance. We are committed to providing you with the best possible experience with gCenter.
The gCenter dashboard is Granulate's tool for visually tracking, analyzing, and displaying key performance and cost metrics, which enable you to monitor the benefits provided by Granulate's real-time continuous optimization.
The gCenter provides you quick access to metrics and summary data over all optimized clusters, as well as individual data for each service in your Granulate account. You can obtain an overview of your current performance improvement, cost reduction benefits and insights for potential savings across clusters optimized by Granulate.
In the main menu of Granulate console, click on Overview. The gCenter overview dashboard includes the following main areas:
- Summary panel
- Deployment status
- Resource maps
The summary panel provides insights into the cost reduction benefit and performance improvements across all optimized services.
- Cost reduction: The cost reduction section shows the compute spend saved due to Granulate's optimization as well as the actual spend across all optimized services vs. the projected spend without Granulate. The cost reduction data is aggregated based on the time filter selected.
- Performance status: The performance status section shows the improved performance benefits achieved due to Granulate's performance optimization for the metrics collected.
This panel provides insights into the deployment status of Granulate agents across the optimized services. This section shows the distribution of active agents that are optimizing performance, along with any passive agents which are in learning mode.
The resource map provides a graphical overview of all the services optimized by Granulate. The services are grouped based on the relevant service name. The color of the different services changes to reflect the service's health.
Clicking on a specific Granulate optimized service will provide visual details regarding its deployment status, performance improvement, and cost reduction benefits.
In the main menu of the Granulate console, click on Services. The gCenter services dashboard includes the following main areas:
- Summary panel
- Metrics overview
- Instances / Pods table view
The summary panel provides insights into the cost reduction benefit, performance improvement metrics, and deployment status of the agents on the specific service.
- Cost reduction: The cost-reduction section shows the compute spend saved due to Granulate's optimization as well as the actual spend for the specific service. This section also shows the actual compute spend vs. the projected spend without Granulate. The cost reduction data is aggregated based on the time filter selected.
- Performance status: The performance status section shows the improved performance benefits achieved due to Granulate's performance optimization for the main metrics collected. The section also shows the actual performance metrics vs. the projected performance metrics without Granulate. The data is aggregated based on the time filter selected.
- Deployment status: The deployment status section shows the number of installed agents on the selected service as well as the number of active agents vs. passive agents.
The metrics overview section shows the performance metrics of the specific service based on the aggregated time frame. By default, the main metrics shown are the following:
- 1.Number of cores
- 2.Number of instances
- 3.Average number of requests per second
- 4.Average latency
- 5.Average CPU utilization
The instances / Pods view provides an in-depth table-view of the optimized instances and Kubernetes Pods. This view allows you to analyze the performance status of each instance / pod and to control the deployed Granulate agents.
The in-depth view allows you to search and filter based on instance/pod name, instance type, instance life-cycle IP address, latency, throughput, CPU utilization, agent health, agent status, and agent version.
With the AWS-Granulate integration, you can gain a comprehensive view of your AWS environment's ASGs and EMRs. Your dedicated Granulate team will leverage this information to create personalized expansion plans that enhance performance and lower costs.
To integrate Granulate with AWS, navigate to the "Integrations" tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
Find the AWS logo and click "Connect" to open the AWS integration setup window.
Follow the instructions in phases 1 and 2, and enter the GranulateARN from the CloudFormation output tab. Once you've entered the information, click "Save" to finalize the integration.
Integration setup window
After integration, you can find the status of the integration under the AWS logo on the Integrations screen. It will show "connected" once successfully connected.
Integration status "connected"
To access the Granulate integration on AWS, navigate to the "Expansions" screen by selecting it from the left-side pane. This screen displays additional ASGs and EMR clusters that have yet to install Granulate, along with key information such as region, instance and core counts, CPU utilization, and monthly cost. You can sort the information by clicking on each column header.
To install Granulate, choose the workload you want to optimize and click the "Install" button in the corresponding row. Alternatively, select one of the top three optimization opportunities and click the "Install" button in the bottom-right corner of the frame. This will take you to the "Installations" screen. Please refer to the Installation documentation for more information.